Well to say it was just painting would be a disservice. There was so much more. We had dry rot replacement, there was old tannin bleed to the old shake siding, we had to repair stucco, there was window and siding replacement that we teamed up with Mike Lex Construction.
This project is on the corner of NE 45th and Stanton in Portland OR on a beautiful neighborhood which comprised of mostly stucco styled homes. It started out as an exterior painting project and transformed into something so much more. We had a chance to work with this client very closely which can be rewarding for both teams. Our client had some great questions, a couple that needed some more homework to be certain we had everything in the order she wanted, even down to getting some christmas lights placed in time.
She took our color consultation service and with a clear vision of what she wanted for her home this project was quick to move. We did remove old loose stucco 2 stories up. There was a company antabuse alco that was hired before us to remove from the ground up but had challenges about 12 feet up so we took over for them. We really wanted to make sure that the patching compound was the same ph levels so at time of cure we could check both ph and prime and paint accurately. There was a need for a masonry primer and we went with Sherwin Williams Loxon series. The Final top coats were also Sherwin Williams: Resilience
RESILIENCE KEY BENEFITS
- Excellent hide and durability unmatched by the competition.
- Easy to apply with the same workability and open time as traditional coatings.
- Provides resistance to moisture 50% faster, so you can paint later in the day with confiden concern about dew or impending rain.
- Meets or exceeds stringent environmental regulations with a low 50g/L VOC.
- Flows and levels for a smooth finish. Ideal for highlighting exterior architectural details such as columns, doors and decorative mouldings.
- Contains VinylSafe® Technology – allowing you to paint darker colors warping or buckling.
The project was such a success that we were asked to do an interior project!